Last night I sat with a room full of people who I have never met, and intently watched Glen Beck discuss a project that intends to bring people back to their roots. The 912 Project is something that everyone in the United Sates needs to take a look at and reflect on. The show touched on principles and values that were the foundation, behind the idea of a United States of America. Some how our Country has began to shift from these ideas, and I believe this is why we are in the proverbial integrity toilet. My favorite portion of the program was when Glen had his good friend Chris Gardner (man behind the true story The Pursuit of Happiness) on, and asked him where would he be if the government had stepped in and gave him a handout. Chis responded saying “not sitting here”, meaning that he would not have pushed himself to overcome the adversities in his life. He would never have become the man he told himself he would be, when he was five years old. That type of attitude is one that each of us posses somewhere within ourselves, and is the reason behind the first sentence of the Constitution, “We the people of the United States.” Regardless of where you are in your life; rich or poor, Republican or Democrat we need to STOP and take a look around us and revert back to the principles that OUR country was based on. I am making a commitment to God, Family, and Country, that I will strive each and everyday to bring our Nation back to it’s roots.
Here are the 9 priciples and 12 values
The Nine Principles
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not .
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a , liberty and , but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.
The 12 Values
9. Hard Work
11. Personal Responsibility